Prior to the Session:
- Ideally we will have completed our pre-session consultation a few days before your session so we are clear about goals, expectations and all the details. This will make the day of the session much more relaxed for pet and humans.
- It is important for you to feel comfortable with me and my style to ensure you get the quality images you expect. Have questions? Ask away!
- We will discuss our energy we will have during the session. Being calm , relaxed and patient will help make the day enjoyable for both your pet and for you. We are going to process at your pets pace, so let’s have fun and allow me to capture the amazing relationship you have with your pet. If it takes us 3 times to circle your pet around and get that perfect "sit" then that's what it takes, it's OK!
- I am going to talk with you pet when I arrive. Yes, for real. I'm a big believer in communicating to your pet and letting them know they are safe, you are safe, and with some brave work on their part during the session, we will have a blast. When your pet tell me she's ready, we will begin.
At the Session:
- I will arrive at the location we’ve agreed to spend our time. Depending on the session booked, you may expect our time together to last 90 minutes or so, as I will spend a good amount of time at the start getting to know your pet and allowing them to feel comfortable with me and with the camera. Most likely we will not spend the full time shooting, as much time will be to let your pet settle and get used to me and the environment, which will provide the opportunity for creating the best images.
- For the dog only shots, I may ask you assist guiding your dog. I will use various noises, tricks, positive reinforcement and lastly treats to help your pet’s personality shine through. For images that include humans, we will provide some direction so we will end up with images that you will feel good about as well. You do want to look good too, don’t you? I encourage you to bring your pets favorite treats and a toy, as they make great rewards after the session is over. I will use treats as a last resort with your pets, and will always ask you prior to giving your pet any treats, to ensure we do not have any issues with sensitive tummies or food allergies. Try not to laugh too hard at me while I make my peculiar noises that are (sometimes) guaranteed to give us that amazing head tilt!
- We will be patient together, and take the time it takes to ensure your pet is comfortable and secure. If we need a few minutes for them to do business, or take a breather, that's OK. There's no clock ticking here.
- Most importantly, while we're working together, after we get 'the shot' remember to give your furry buddy PRAISE PRAISE PRAISE!! They did all the hard work and nothing reinforces the bond like lots of love and praise from their humans! I've found if your furry pal(s) are having fun, you likely will too!
- At the end of the session, you will also be able to see and touch various product samples that I brought along, so you can see what feels right and will make a lifetime addition to your family.
After the Session:
- About two weeks after the session, we will convene via video conference where I will reveal your proofs and we will review them out together! I will explain the proof review process and answer any questions you may have.
- This will be when you place your order. During our video call, I will design wall art display either in a stock room, or if you've provided me an image of your space, we'll design wall art in your actual room so we can be confident with sizing, spacing and you'll have full confidence you are making the right choice. I can offer as much, or as little guidance as you'd like. We will figure it out together.
- If there is a specialty item you have always wondered about or wanted, let me know, I’m sure I can find it for you if it is not listed on our product menu.
- After you place you order, I will personally oversee creation of your heirloom products. These are products I have painstakingly sourced to be unlike products offered elsewhere and ensure they last a lifetime. These will be your legacy, and be the items you hand down to the next generation of your family. 3-4 weeks later we'll meet again in person so I can hand off your beautiful bespoke items!
There is no minimum purchase required, although my observation is that many clients budget between $1500 - $4000 for their total experience. While I no longer offer Collections, I do offer similar quantity discounts on wall art when ordered during our reveal meeting, please contact me for details. I specialize in lifetime wall art, albums and also offer 8x10 gift prints and periodically offer holiday cards at that time of year.